Baron Otard VSOPRM279.00
Martell VSOP LA French Touch 1RM300.00
Martell Cordon BleuRM790.00
Martell Cordon Bleu was created in 1912 by Edouard Martell, the great-grandson of the founder. Named after the blue ribbon, which is an international emblem of excellence, it was destined to be one of a kind: a new quality of cognac to be served in the world’s leading hotels and restaurants; a cognac to delight even the most demanding connoisseurs. More than a century later, it is widely regarded as one of the finest cognacs in the world. Remarkable for its richness, elegance and finesse, Martell Cordon Bleu is a masterful blend of more than 100 eaux-de-vie. Its lusciously full, floral aromas are the result of rare eaux-de-vie from the small Borderies cru in the Cognac region of France. Emblematic of the Martell style, Martell Cordon Bleu is not only an authentic expression of the Borderies, but also a symbol of Maison Martell’s savoir-faire and attachment to its terroir.
• A deep, golden copper colour.
• Vibrant, rich and complex, with aromas of orchard fruit including candied plum and apple, harmonising with roasted notes of mocha coffee, toasted almonds and vetiver. A subtle spicy dimension can be detected in aromas of candied orange, cinnamon, honey and beeswax.
• An exceptionally rounded, mellow sensation on the palate further enhanced by the preponderance of Borderies eaux-de-vie, which lend elegance and complexity. An impressively long finish characterised by notes of fruit and spices.
• Neat or with a splash of water, Martell Cordon Bleu is a natural choice for special occasions. Some chefs recommend it to accompany pasta with truffles, scrambled eggs with morels or chocolate-based desserts.
THE ART OF EXCELLENCE
Cognac is not made, it is created.
At Hennessy, cognac is not improvised. It is raised with kindness and attention, firmness and affection.
In Cognac, and only in Cognac. At Hennessy, cognac is not improvised. However, it is raised with kindness and attention, firmness and affection. First, there is the grapevine. It yields Ugni Blanc, the light fruity grape specially suited to Hennessy Maison’s double distillation in great copper stills. To ensure the aromas will be both excellent and varied, only eaux-de-vie from the four great crus of the region (Grande Champagne, Petite Champagne, Borderies and Fins Bois) are selected for the privilege of becoming great Hennessy cognacs.
Next comes the ageing time, a test of vision and imagination, since this phase can extend beyond an entire lifetime. In the Hennessy cellars, casks hewn from over 100-year-old oak trees, exclusively from French forests , stand in a dim light infused with heavy notes. Moreover, a total of over 300,000 casks rest there. In addition, Hennessy is proud to have one of the largest reserve of cognac eaux-de-vie in the world. The Founder’s Cellar is in itself a symbol of this heritage, the time-defying heart of Hennessy Maison. We aged every single one of these eaux-de-vie for at least fifty years, and many are over a hundred years old. Once at the top of their potential, they put in large wicker-encased glass demijohns to preserve their exceptional qualities. They will then be used to create the rarest cognacs. The oldest eau-de-vie dates from 1800.
Remy Martin VSOPRM330.00
Martell Cordon Bleu Extra CognacRM945.00
A tribute to Martell’s most iconic cognac, Martell Cordon Bleu, Martell Cordon Bleu Extra is an invitation to explore a classic whilst discovering intriguing new dimensions. The celebrated smoothness of Martell Cordon Bleu is attributed to the influence of rare, highly sought-after eaux-de-vie from the small Borderies cru in the Cognac region of France. For Martell Cordon Bleu Extra, Martell’s master blenders have added an especially generous portion of very old Borderies spirits to create a unique and distinctive taste, which is smooth and sensual, intense and harmonious.
• A rich amber colour with mahogany highlights.
• A blend of rare, highly sought-after eaux-de-vie and a generous portion of very old Borderies spirits.
• The initial aroma is characterised by delicious notes of caramelised apple tart and sweet spices such as cinnamon. After swirling, notes of dried fruit and nuts emerge, including apricot, raisin, cashew and almond.
• On the palate Martell Cordon Bleu Extra is round and mellow, with a vivid hint of blackcurrant that makes way for notes of dried fruit and nuts. It is a superbly elegant, balanced cognac with a luscious, lingering finish distinguished by notes of candied orange peel.
• Martell Cordon Bleu Extra is best enjoyed neat or on the rocks.